Mental Preparation for PPC Advertising with Google Adwords
Sooner or later many online entrepreneuers face the question of using Google Adwords to advertise their business or products. There are good reasons to consider Google Adwords when it comes to PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising. It is one of the fastest ways to drive customers to a website. It’s one of the fastest ways to experiment what ads will work best and convert to sales. It’s one of the fastest ways to find out if a product is actually priced right and of interest for customers.
Unless you hire a professional SEO (Search Engine Optimizer), a Google Adwords Professional / Google Adwords Consultant, there will be a lot of work involved to be successful with PPC advertising. Be prepared to lose money. Be prepared to spend time reading forums, books, blogs, and websites about PPC advertising. If you don’t, your advertising campaigns are probably doomed the moment you decide to put them online. Assuming you want to do it yourself, you still need to be mentally prepared for PPC advertising. Imagine the look on my face one morning seeing hundreds of clicks in an expensive campaign and no conversion to a sale. And even better – all these clicks came in during the middle of the night when the campaigns would see least traffic due to people sleeping and a normal day would only show a much smaller percentage of clicks on a normal day. Like I did, you will probably complain to Google and ask for investigation and like it happened to me, the result was zero and you just pay for the bill. Tough PPC life.
Be prepared to see thousands or millions of ad impressions with no clicks on your ads. Don’t believe me? You will see for yourself once you try. Be prepared to see 95 percent of your keywords not getting a single impression. Be prepared to see the remaining 5 percent of your keywords being way too expensive to use them. Be prepared to see your minimum bid requirements pushed up to $5.00 or even $10.00 by Google. This all comes together factoring in your keywords, your adcopy, the amount per click you are bidding, and your landing page. The score out of this secret algorythm decides what you will finally pay per click.
Expect to see no ROI within your first one or two months. Expect to go back to the drawing board and to come up with alternate ad wording, different keywords, and the need to start new adgroups over and over again. Expect to see your landing pages not convert to sales and to re-write them over and over again until you find one that works. Expect to be ready to give up the whole more than once. Be prepared to one person saying "Solution A" will work for better conversions and then another person saying the complete opposite. And expect to see time and money go down the drain until you finally have your first day with Google Adwords where the income is exceeding the expenses.
What it all comes down to is:
You don’t know what the outcome is.
You don’t know if you will ever make a profit.
You don’t know if what works today, will still work tomorrow.
Don’t tell anyone what works for you because they will copy it and damage your success.
Don’t trust anyone who promises huge returns for you, because if they know it – why would they tell you and not make a fortune themself?!
Are you ready for the rollercoaster PPC Advertising with Google Adwords? Good Luck. If you still think you can make, you already passed by some competitors who just gave up.